Search This Blog

Saturday, August 17, 2013

What Else Can I "Glitter"?


Well, I have been a little obsessed with glitter over the past few months. If you follow me on Pinterest, you are probably already aware of this. After I watched this youtube video, I was inspired to try to glitter something of my own. It looks so easy right? Actually, it is!!

Materials:
- Mod Podge
- glitter
- sponge brush
- tape (painter's tape would work better)
- something to mix Mod Podge and glitter in (I used a Dixie cup)
- something to glitter!


First, I taped the candle to give it a nice edge. Then, I put some glitter into a cup. I prefer fine glitter but, it is entirely up to you. Do not put all your glitter in at once. You can always add more!


Add Mod Podge slowly and stir.


The consistency should be rather thick. If it is too thin, you will have to do more coats because the glitter won't cover the surface.


Next, lather on the glitter! I put a paper underneath my candle to avoid getting glitter on my desk. Give it a chance to dry and then do another coat if you need to. I suggest taking the tape off before the glitter dries so you don't ruin the edge.



Mine looked kind of "puffy" before it was completely dry and of course had a white tint because of the Mod Podge. Do not worry, it looks much better when it dries. 


Here it is! I am very happy with the way it turned out. Now I find myself using glitter as a verb and I keep searching around the house for more things that I can "glitter".  It is so much fun! :)

Let me know if you try it,

Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment