Search This Blog

Monday, October 20, 2014

Liebster Award!! :)

Thank you to Jasmine at The Dots of Teaching for nominating me for a Liebster Award! I was so excited when I received the notification from her. What an honour! :)

1.  Why and when did you start blogging?
I started blogging during the summer of 2013. My first few posts were DIY projects that I was working on. I wanted to show other people the steps to create what I was making.

2.  What one word sums up the heart of your blog and why?
Hmmm... without a permanent teaching position right now, I feel that my blog is still "finding itself"! :)

3.  Is there something you learned late in your blog journey you wished you knew before?
TAKE PICTURES OF EVERYTHING! I know that when I am reading blogs I love pictures so when I am planning my posts I have to remind myself to take pictures. Even if it seems excessive at the time, you never know which pictures will work with your post. 

4.  What is your favourite past time other than blogging?
Most of my hobbies are related to teaching! I love to read blogs, create resources, volunteer in classrooms, etc. I also love animals and enjoy volunteering at the humane society. Every summer, I foster a litter of kittens! SO FUN! 
Kittens from summer 2014


5.  How many hours per week do you dedicate to your blog?
Not enough. I love blogging and I wish I dedicated more time to it. 

6.  What category of blog posts do you enjoy the most?
I have a weak spot for classroom tours. I think it is because I am longing to have a classroom of my own. A girl can dream!

7.  Where does your blog inspiration come from?
My blog inspiration comes from being in classrooms and working with students. 

8.  Which post that you've written are you most proud of?
My favourite post is also my most popular post. I think this project turned out even better than I expected and I love finding new ways to use these colourful clothespins! 

9.  Is there any post you've been planning to do but have been postponing it for awhile now?
I have about 5 or 6 half written posts that I want to finish. One that I have been working on recently is about attention grabbers and transition signals. I have come across so many great ideas while being in a different classroom every day and I would love to share the list I have compiled and include why they work and what grade I have used them for!

10.  What is your favourite aspect of blogging?
My favourite aspect of blogging is reading other teachers' blogs. I love being able to take a look into other classrooms and learn about the awesome ideas and lessons they have. I also love the connections I have made with bloggers from around the world!

11.  Which recipe, project, or idea on my blog would you be most likely to try yourself?
Reading through Jasmine's blog, I came across these adorable fabric pumpkins that she made recently at her church. They are too cute and look easy enough to make!

Here are my 11 nominations of amazing blogs that I love! Make sure to check them out.
11. Kinderpond 

Now that you've been nominated here are the official "rules" for accepting:
1. In your post link back to the blogger who nominated you as a thank you and "shout out".
2. Answer the 11 questions given to you (the ones I answered above).
3. Nominate 11 blogs that have less than 200 followers each.  Provide them with 11 questions or have them answer the questions above.
4. Let your nominees know they've been nominated and provide them with a link back to your post so that they can accept.
5. Send your nominator a link to your post so s/he can learn more about you as well.  (You can just put your post link in the comments below). 

7 comments:

  1. You're welcome girl. I appreciate it as well. Have a great time with your growing followers.

    Jasmine H.
    The Dots of Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the nomination! I can't wait to work on my post. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Emily,
    Just went back and re-read your post on my blog over a year ago! Still job-hunting? Why is it so difficult to get a teaching job up there?? Haha come down to Florida... they're begging for teachers ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mariah! I can't believe it has been over a year. The job situation is so awful here! I am VERY lucky to be on my local board's supply list. I recently had an interview for a separate list that will make me eligible to apply to short term positions like maternity leaves. So, it was an interview so I can apply for jobs in hopes of getting an interview.... hahaha. It all seems silly but it will be worth it in the end! :)
      I wish I could move to Florida!! :(
      I hope all is well with you! :)
      Emily

      Delete
  4. http://littlemissedugator.blogspot.com/2014/10/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete