Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 10, 2015

February Currently

I am linking up with Oh' Boy 4th Grade again this month for "Currently". Woohoo!! :)


Listening: Ahhh... Silence. I had a busy day in kindergarten and it is nice to just sit in a quiet room! The class I was with today was wonderful and the teaching team had some fantastic ideas. One thing I do love about being a substitute teacher is being able to look around other teachers' rooms. We can learn so much from each other! 


Loving: Spencer and I got engaged July 6th, 2014 and knowing that I wanted to get married in the fall, we decided fall 2014 was too soon and that we'd wait until fall 2015. Sometimes it seems like time is going by so slowly and that maybe we should have picked a date that was sooner. But, most often, I am extremely pleased with our decision. I love to plan and I know I would have been stressed and anxious about a shorter timeframe. Right now, I feel that we have everything under control and we can just enjoy the process of planning by taking one thing at a time.  Did I tell you I found and ordered my dress?!?! YAY!!


Thinking: This weekend, I am travelling to visit my sister and her family to celebrate my nephew's third birthday. I can't wait! We only get to see each other a few times a year. I cannot believe my nephew will be three. He is the sweetest, cutest little boy and I am so excited to see him! 
*Did you know my sister also has a blog? Check it out! Mrs. Watts' Little Lights


Wanting: Okay... I AM DONE WITH WINTER! The snowbanks are so high that I can't lift the shovel high enough. I actually don't mind shovelling so it's quite frustrating! I am definitely feeling the winter blues and I am ready for spring.


Needing: Yes, taxes.. no fun. Being a Canadian seller on TpT makes taxes even more complicated. Luckily, we have an accountant that does all the hard work. 


Pageant title: This one was difficult!! Anyone who knows me well, knows I am a planner. This is one of my traits that doesn't mix well with the fact that I am a substitute teacher and therefore most mornings I wake up not knowing where I will be going and what I will be doing. I LOVE to feel prepared and I worry too much about little details. 


Thanks for reading! :)

-Ms. Makinson

2 comments:

  1. Wedding planning can be so stressful! Congrats on being ahead of schedule! It must be your pageant title!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with your wedding planning. That was my side job before we moved to VA from NY. I love all the details!

    Found your blog through Currently! Would love for you to head over and check out my blog…
    Lindsay
    If You Give a Teacher a Treat

    ReplyDelete