Search This Blog

Friday, July 24, 2015

Five for Friday


Five for Friday is one of my favourite linkys to read so, I finally decided to join in! Thank you to Doodle Bugs Teaching for hosting.




This has been a busy week ...summer!! My mom came to visit for a couple of days and as always, we had a blast! We are thinking of having a local bakery make some sandwiches for lunch on our wedding day so, we had to try them out! It was a beautiful day so we sat outside at what is called "Market Square". The top picture is our view of city hall from our table.



Guilt-free wedding cake testing! I think we have decided on which cake we want but we should probably test some other bakeries just in case, right? ;) So delicious! 




Wedding planning is stressful and I am so glad that we decided to get married in the fall rather than the summer. Two months "off" to plan those last details has been wonderful! The groom is slacking on his to-do list and still hasn't bought his suit! ;) Although, I THINK the one pictured above might be his final choice! I think he is handsome no matter what. Also, I found this cute headband on sale for $7. It is hard to tell from the picture but it has two rows of little crystals. Can't beat the price!



My friend Christina from Hanging Around in Primary came up with this fantastic idea to help us "little fish teacher bloggers" find each other (and support each other)! If you are a little fish in this big ocean of teacher bloggers, be sure to click on the picture and it will lead you to her blog post. 




As you may know, I have been a "home school teacher" for a family for over 5 years. After a little summer break, we are back at it! Their kitty, Marshmallow, was so excited to dive back in to school work. We like to call him our "class pet". 

Thank you for reading, I hope you have a great weekend!! :)
-Ms. Makinson


6 comments:

  1. Wedding planning is so stressful! Cake tasting is always a fun part though. Good luck! : )

    Yeehaw! Teaching in Texas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! I was really looking forward to the cake tasting part of the wedding planning! :)
      -Emily

      Delete
  2. I have two sibling weddings coming up in the fall so I can relate to all the many little details that have to been planned. :) Also I was homeschooled....and my younger siblings are starting early this year so we can take a few little breaks around the weddings. The flexibility in homeschool schedules is definitely a perk!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is one of my favourite perks of homeschooling - the flexibility. It is truly wonderful for the kids and the teacher! ;)
      -Emily

      Delete
  3. You're going to be such a pretty bride! :) Planning can be overwhelming, but enjoy every moment!

    ~Erin
    Mrs. Beattie's Classroom

    ReplyDelete
  4. What do you mean you are a homeschool teacher? You go to a different family's house and home school there? Or you home school your own family?

    Those wedding cupcakes look so good!

    My Bright Blue House

    ReplyDelete