Search This Blog

Sunday, April 6, 2014

DIY CVC Sliders

Hello everyone!

Let's get this blog back up and running! I posted on my Facebook page this morning that I was making some CVC word sliders. I didn't anticipate such a huge response! I am so excited to share these with you. Please follow the link to get your FREE starter copy! CVC Word Sliders - CLICK HERE!



Materials needed:
- card stock paper
- clear tape
- scissors
- a printer

First, you will need to print the file! 
The arrow is to show your students which way the card slides out. It is also a great visual to show them where to put their thumb. The red line is there to indicate that the word is complete and to not pull out the card any more. In other words, STOP sliding! The cards can be tricky to reinsert. 


 These rectangles are what will hold your sliders. 


 Cut out the holders and the CVC word cards carefully. 


 Line up the word card with the top of the holder. Note: The side with the arrow should be sticking out a bit. I changed the size of the rectangle after I took this picture.


 Fold up and press carefully to make sure the card will fit. Note: The side with the arrow should be sticking out a bit. I changed the size of the rectangle after I took this picture.


 Turn it over so you can see the black outline at the top.


 Fold the flap over like an envelope. NOTE: Slide your card in and out a few times to make sure it fits well before the next step. 


 Tape the flap down securely.


Try sliding the card in and out. You can tape the end closed if you'd like. You are done! :)

Thank you for stopping by! I hope you are having a wonderful weekend.
-Ms. Makinson

No comments:

Post a Comment